Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Benjamin Douglas Kirk

Benjamin Douglas Kirk, 38, passed away on Wednesday, November 17, 2021, in Macon, Mississippi. Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Saturday, November 20 at Noxapater Baptist Church in Noxapater, Mississippi, with Rev. Tommy Jones and Rev. Mike Fondren officiating. Visitation will be the day of the service from 11 a.m. until service time at the church. Interment will immediately follow the service in Mt. Carmel Cemetery in Noxapater.

Ben was born January 17, 1983, to Bruce and Linda Quinn Kirk in Tupelo, Mississippi. Ben was a graduate of Noxapater Attendance Center and East Central Community College. Ben is a man that was “the best dad, the best man, the best friend” who will be missed by all who knew him. His family “watched him grow into a fine man who always had a smile to share and a helping hand.” Ben’s character was shaped by his parents; his mom said, “For you I have prayed son, since the day I knew you were a part of me and all your life. You have been my rock and my helper whenever I needed you. I am so blessed to call you ‘my son’. I remember the night you asked God to live in your heart, Son, so for now it’s ‘bye, Son’…I very much look forward to seeing you again.” To his Momma Tenie, he was “my grandson who checked on me everyday and was such a joy.” She loved “watching you become such a good husband and daddy.” To Sydney “being Ben Kirk’s little sister has always been such an honor, said with such respect and usually a laugh by everyone that called me that. Hearing you called ‘Daddy’ by the kids and ‘my husband’ by Nadine and ‘that’s my son’ by Mama and Daddy is the same, such love and just admiration, especially by the kiddos who want to be just like you; ‘brother’ by my husband, and ‘Uncle Ben’ by my own girls that love you so much and knew they could come to you for a tickle and a laugh.” To Marty, “You were the first boy I ever loved and have always thought you hung the moon and looked up to you with such pride to call you mine. You’ve always been my protector, my advice giver, my problem solver, my safe place. You made me laugh like no other with your quick wit, and you made me so proud of how you always fought for what was right. You had such quiet strength rooted in your faith in God and the belief in honest, hard work. You were the proudest husband to your perfect match, Nadine, and the best daddy to Corbin (Boomer), Caroline (Doodle Bug), and Catie (Pearl). You were the only grandson to your proud grandparents, the only beloved son to your mama and daddy, and the only brother to your little sisters. You were the funny uncle always up for a joke and tickle fight.” He was “one of the brightest lights God put on this earth…now shining for our family and all of his many friends in the gracious hands of our Maker. May his courageous and strong spirit live on through his beautiful family.”

Ben is survived by his loving wife Nadine Kirk, and by his three children: Corbin, Caroline, and Catie Kirk all of Noxapater. He is also survived by his parents Bruce and Linda Kirk of Noxapater, his sisters Sydney Kirk (Kolby) Sisson of Clinton, Mississippi, and Mary Margaret (T. J.) Robbins of Booneville, Mississippi, and his grandmothers Loretta Kirk and Tenie Quinn both of Noxapater, as well as his loving nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and numerous friends. Ben is preceded in death by both his grandfathers Bobby Kirk and Doug Quinn.

Serving as pallbearers are Tommy Bartholomew, Dennis Bond, Mark Covington, Mich McAdory, Bill Stalcup, and Stuart Waddell. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorials in honor of Ben be given to Make-A-Wish Foundation online at wish.org or to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital online at stjude.org.

Services are under the direction of Nowell-Massey Funeral Home, 724 North Columbus Avenue, Louisville, MS. Memories and condolences may be shared with the family by signing the guest register at www.nowellmasseyfuneralhome.com.